Five Reasons You Should Join GJ Senior Theatre for 2020 Shows
The Grand Junction Senior Theatre is gearing up for the 2020 season. If you're over the age of 50, you should give serious consideration to joining. Here are my top five reasons why.
The Grand Junction Senior Theatre program is absolutely fantastic. To date, I've seen several of their plays, and they are always top-notch. Several of my friends share their talents with the organization.
This company has offered productions to the public since 1996. Their goal:
To make high quality performing arts available to the people of Western Colorado while enriching the lives of seniors.
The Grand Junction Senior Theatre is hosting open auditions for its 2020 performances. Auditions will be held:
- Thursday, November 21 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, November 23 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Auditions will be conducted in the Garden Room at The Commons at 625 27 1/2 Road (Please park in the back of the facility in the Garden Room parking lot).
Do you like to sing? If you're interested in a singing part, please be prepared to sing 16 bars. Acting parts will be a cold read from the script.
What are the criteria? Well, for the most part, you just need to be over 50 years of age. You must also be available for a total of four performances:
- Thursday, March 26
- Friday, March 27
- and two shows on Saturday, March 28
Here are five reasons why you should consider joining:
- The production quality of their shows is absolutely fantastic
- Chances are someone you know is in the group
- You should pursue any chance to participate in live theater
- The group selects excellent productions
- These are your friends, coworkers, and neighbors volunteering their time and energy to do something constructive and offer it back to the community.
What do you have to lose? If you're over 50, give serious thought to participating. For more information contact Helen at 970-234-1828. Speaking as someone who has attended past performances, I can assure you it will be time well spent.