What’s It Like To Be a Grand Junction Police Officer? [VIDEO]
What is it like serving the residents of Western Colorado day to day as an officer with the Grand Junction Police Department? The GJPD is currently seeking new officers, and they've put together this recruitment video.
The GJPD recently announced they were looking to fill positions with the department. Do you meet the criteria? What are the qualifications? In the event you do meet the requirements, would it be something you would want to pursue?
Here are the minimum requirements:
- Good physical condition
- At least 21 years of age
- Minimum vision corrected to 20/40 in worst eye and 20/20 in best eye
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, valid Colorado driver’s license
- Good moral character (past criminal activity may be disqualifying – see list)
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
Check out the video. These officers really do seem like family. Could this be your next career?