Manage Your Money With Mesa County Library Free Online Seminars
Could you use a little assistance when it comes to managing your money? Most people would probably say yes. A series of free online seminars are coming up this week.
Mesa County Libraries offer a week-long series of online conversations for those looking for financial guidance. It kicks off this Saturday, April 10, so don't delay.
For those who look to improve their financial skills.
Do you remember the old Steve Martin comedy album "A Wild and Crazy Guy?" During his routine, he said he had written a book entitled "How I Turned a Million in Real Estate Into $25 In Cash." That's me, folks. I invested in real estate twenty years ago, and now, I'm searching between seat cushions in hope of finding enough loose change to get something for lunch.
If you're like me, and not exactly a financial whiz, perhaps these online discussions are just what the doctor ordered.
Who is this for?
The Mesa County Libraries official Facebook page states:
This weeklong campaign aims to help people better manage their personal finances, with a focus on those hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Different discussions each day.
Money Smart Week begins Saturday, April 10, and runs through April 17. Each day offers different discussions. Please note that start times and run times are not the same for each day in the series.
- Saturday April 10 from 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. - VIRTUAL Talking Cents
- Sunday, April 11 from 9 a.m. to 19:15 a.m. - VIRTUAL Savings: A Little Can Make a Big Difference
- Monday, April 12 from 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. - VIRTUAL Bank On It: Finding Safe + Affordable Bank Accounts
- Tuesday, April 13 from 11:30 a.m. to 11:50 a.m. - VIRTUAL Understanding the Basics of Federal Student Loans
- Wednesday, April 14 from 12 p.m. to 12:15 p.m. - VIRTUAL Tax-Related Fraud + Identity Theft
- Thursday, April 15 from 12 p.m. to 12:15 p.m. - VIRTUAL Managing Personal Finances During Covid-19
- Friday, April 16 from 11 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. - VIRTUAL Housing Protections + Resources
- Saturday, April 17 from 9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. - VIRTUAL Tips for Managing Money Ups and Downs
A wise investment of your time.
As you can see above, these discussions won't eat up a bunch of your time. They range from an hour and fifteen minutes to as little as a quarter-hour.
What do you have to lose?
These events are free (look at that, you're saving money already) and open to the public. While you don't need to register ahead of time, it is encouraged.