Grand Junction Gets Ready to Celebrate Most Awesome Holiday Ever
Get ready, Grand Junction, the most awesome holiday of the year is coming up tomorrow, February 20. Please enjoy this quick tutorial demonstrating the proper technique needed to celebrate.
Check out the video at the top. That's Western Colorado's Jack Taylor in action. He is demonstrating the proper technique for celebrating 'Hoodie Hoo Day.'
Put simply, "Hoodie Hoo Day" is the one day of the year when everybody is supposed to go out at noon, wave their hands over their head, and yell "Hoodie Hoo"!
According to the folks at holidayinsights.com, this is totally legitimate. Hoodie Hoo Day is a copyrighted holiday. It was created courtesy of the great folks at Wellcat.com. Okay, so who exactly is Wellcat.com, and what do they do? According to their official webpage:
- Wellcat Herbs feature fine herbal products and informative commentary on the medicinal, culinary & mystical uses of herbs & spices.
- Wellcat Holidays brings you more than 80 reasons to celebrate life & its many quirky moments.
That pretty much explains that. Some of the other holidays shared by Wellcat.com include:
- Bifocals At The Monitor Liberation Day - December 1
- Answer Your Cat’s Question Day - January 22
- Move Hollywood & Broadway to Lebanon, Pennsylvania Day - February 22
- What if Cats & Dogs Had Opposable Thumbs Day - March 3
Hoodie Hoo Day is primarily observed in the Northern Hemisphere, whereby February 20, everybody is sick of winter. I like this holiday for a number of reasons:
- I don't have to spend money on buying presents
- To date, there are no recorded instances of anyone making a greeting card for Hoodie Hoo Day
It's been a pretty good stretch since the holiday season, and we could all use something to celebrate. Why not? Get your coworkers together at noon tomorrow (Thursday, February 20) and throw your arms in the air.