These Grand Junction Colorado Puppies Need Foster Families Right Now
An animal shelter in Grand Junction, Colorado is searching for families to assist with eight puppies and four adult dogs. This might be the best thing you've ever done.
Animals Rescued In Western Colorado
On Monday, February 28, 2022, Roice-Hurst Humane Society in Grand Junction rescued a total of 12 dogs out of Delta. It appears even more dogs will be arriving at the shelter this week.
According to a Facebook post from Roice-Hurst Humane Society, "Because they were living on their own, these sweethearts are fearful and will need patience as they build confidence and trust." Is that you? Can you offer one of these animals a caring temporary home?
A Few Things Which Might Make The Decision Easier
You might be concerned about the expense of taking care of an animal that has been rescued from a cruelty/abandonment situation. In their Facebook post, Roice-Hurst Humane Society clearly states all supplies and vet care will be provided by them.
How To Volunteer As a Foster Home
Obviously, they're not looking for someone to take in all 12 dogs. If you are interested in helping out by Fostering one or two, you are asked to submit a foster application or call 970-434-7337.
Looking at Roice-Hurst Humane Society's foster application form, it appears to be incredibly cut and dry. You'll see basic fill-in-the-blank fields followed by a few open-ended questions. Questions include:
- Have you ever fostered pets before?
- Why do you want to foster pets?
- How did you hear about the foster program?
There are a few questions asking if you have any felony convictions, or if you're currently charged with committing a criminal offense.
This Is Why You Should Foster a Pet
Bestfriends.org offers ten reasons why you should consider fostering a pet:
Foster homes help adopters see pets at their best. Some animals get too anxious to let their true personalities shine when they're in a kennel. In a foster home, adopters can get a good sense of how they'd be in a home.
- Fostering a pet is fun
- You can teach pets new skills in your home
- You could be a pet matchmaker
- Put your Instagram account to good use to help animals
- You'll give them a chance to stretch their legs
- You'll be providing invaluable insight
- Fostering to know if you're ready to adopt. If you're not sure you're ready to adopt, fostering is a great way to test the waters.
- Fostering is a temporary commitment with permanent rewards
- You'll be saving more than one life. When an animal leaves the shelter for a foster home, space is created for another deserving homeless pet.
Even If You Can't Foster, You Can Still Help
If you aren't able to offer a foster home, you can still assist with a donation towards their care.