Enjoy Great Music All Summer at the Fruita Summer Concert Series
The Grand Valley has a lot of great things happening this summer and one of the most popular is the Free Fruita Concert Series which starts this Thursday (June 4).
Local favorites Jack + Jill open the season with their catchy blend of indie and alternative music. Concerts continue every Thursday night through August 13 and feature a wide variety of musicians and musical styles.
Other groups scheduled to appear include:
- The Instigators - With their own style of rock, funk, blues and country. (June 11)
- The Williams Brothers Band - A local favorite playing east bay funk and high desert Americana. (June 18)
- Retrospectacle - Weaving together elements of funk, jazz blues and rock (June 25)
- Centennial Band - Patriotic and American favorites sure to get you in the mood for the Independence Day holiday. (July 2)
- Soul Sacrifice - Rock and jazz with a unique Latin flavor. (July 9)
- Bicycle Annie - Great 90's alternative music with their own special twist. (July 16)
- Clenson-Dunn-Wright - Popular folk rock songs that will have you singing and swaying along. (July 23)
- Flat Top Reed - This perennial family favorite plays a combination of blues, roots country and rock. (July 30)
- Desert Moon - Their blend of country and rock is feel good fun. (August 6)
- Finnders and Youngberg - Dance the night away with this group's blend of bluegrass, country swing and honky-tonk. (August 13)
All concerts are held on the Pavilion Stage at Fruita Civic Center Park, 325 East Aspen Avenue and start at 7:30 p.m. You're encouraged to bring blankets or your favorite lawn or camp chair so you can enjoy the shows.
Come early and grab some food at one of the awesome nearby Fruita restaurants. If you want to picnic in the park, most places offer take-out or you can pack your own. No alcoholic beverages, except 3.2% beer in a can, is permitted at the concert.