‘Snake Salvation’ Star Pastor Jamie Coots Killed by a Snakebite
In a strange twist of fate, a Kentucky Pastor and star of the National Geographic show 'Snake Salvation' died of a snakebite. Pastor Jamie Coots died after being bitten by a poisonous snake he was handling and refusing medical treatment for the bite.
This was not the first time Coots or members of his congregation had been bitten by a snake and refused treatment. A CNN report says the National Geographic show featured Coots and cast handling all kinds of poisonous snakes including copperheads, rattlers and cottonmouths.
Coots ascribed to a Bible passage he claimed says believers will not be harmed by snakes. He also believed it was God's will for him to handle venomous snakes.
Coots, who was bitten at his church, the Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus Name in Middlesboro, KY., drove himself home and even though emergency responders were sent to his house, he refused treatment and sent them away. He died a short time later.