List of Places for a Picnic around Grand Junction
Something about the weather getting nicer makes me want to do everything outdoors. That includes putting together a nice picnic and eating a meal outside. A big reason we all live in Western Colorado is because of how beautiful it is here so why not take advantage of it.
Seeing as I am still fairly new to the area I leaned on Tripadvisor to find a list of gorgeous areas around us that are perfect for a nice picnic on a day with lots of sunshine and warm temperatures.
Here is a list of places that would be perfect for a picnic:
- Grand Mesa - The views are stunning, you will enjoy the scenery as much as any lunch you could possibly pack for the experience.
- Canyon View Park - This park is fantastic if you have kids or dogs that need to burn some energy. Plus it's very easy to access the park.
- Dominguez Canyon - You could have an incredible hike with a spectacular view if you choose to go here.
- James M. Robb - Colorado River State Park - This option also gives you very nice campgrounds if you're looking to spend the night outdoors.
- The Little Book Cliffs Wild Horse Area - This one requires a bit of a drive and 4WD would be good, but you might be able to see wild horses.
- Western Colorado Botanical Gardens - It's not a gigantic area but still very beautiful and there is a small entrance fee.
- Lincoln Park Complex - Another great choice if you have kids. There is a great playground area and even has access to a 9-hole golf course.
- Tabeguache Trail - This is the place you want to go if you're looking to hike or do some mountain biking as part of your picnic.
- Riverfront Trail - This is perfect for a quick walk or bike ride. You will also likely see people walking their dogs on the concrete walkway.
- Rabbit's Ear Trailhead - This is about 20 miles west of Grand Junction but the views make the trip well worth it.
If there are other locations that you think are perfect for a picnic in the Grand Valley area let us know.