Labor Day 2014 in Grand Junction — What’s Open and What’s Closed?
Labor Day this year is on Monday, September 1, now is considered a good time to go over what is open (and what’s not) on Labor Day.
First, here’s what will be open on Labor Day in Grand Junction, as well as some events scheduled for the holiday weekend:
- 2ND Annual Grand Junction Off-Road – U.S. Bank is presenting this event Saturday, August 30 thru Monday, September 1. The course will start and finish on Main Street in Downtown Grand Junction. For more information, contact the Downtown Partnership at 245-9697.
- GRAND JUNCTION ROCKIES – The Grand Junction Rockies will host a 3-game series against Orem at Suplizio Field (12th Street and North Avenue in Grand Junction). The games are at 4:05 p.m. Sunday (August 31), 7:05 p.m. Labor Day and Tuesday (September 2). For more information, call 970-255-7625.
- LINCOLN PARK MOYER POOL – The Lincoln Park Moyer Pool and Waterslide will be open to the public from 1:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Labor Day. Beginning September 2, the Lincoln Park Pool will be closed to the public until next May. For more information, call 970-254-3866.
- BANANA’S FUN PARK – Banana’s Fun Park at 2469 Riverside Parkway in Grand Junction will be open 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. For more information, call 241-7529.
- SPIN CITY – Spin City at 637 24 ½ Road in Grand Junction will be open from 12:00 noon to 9:00 p.m. For information on specials, call 263-6930.
- DINOSAUR JOURNEY MUSEUM – Dinosaur Journey will be open 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Labor Day. Other museums such as Cross Orchards Historic Site, Museum of the West, and the Western Colorado Botanical Gardens will be closed Labor Day.
Now, here’s a list of businesses that will be closed on Labor Day in Grand Junction:
- BANKS – all banks will be closed for the Labor Day holiday and re-open Tuesday morning.
- MESA COUNTY LIBRARY – All branches of the Mesa County Library will be closed for Labor Day. All branches are normally closed on Sundays as well, and beginning September 7 the Central Library Branch will be open 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. every Sunday through May. Any questions concerning check-ins and check-outs for the Labor Day weekend, call the Central Library at 243-4442.
- POST OFFICE – All post office locations are closed for the Labor Day weekend, and no mail deliveries will be made.
- GRAND VALLEY TRANSIT – Grand Valley Transit will not have any buses running on Labor Day, and will return back to normal schedules on Tuesday. For more information, call 970-256-RIDE (7433)
- CITY OFFICES – All city offices will be closed, and free parking will be available in Downtown Grand Junction. Also, there will be trash collection on Labor day, and all trash collection will be delayed one day for the remainder of the week. For more information, call 970-244-1507
- MESA COUNTY LANDFILL – Speaking of trash collection, the Mesa County Landfill will be closed on Labor Day. For more information, call 241-6846.
- AMIGO ANIMAL CLINIC – Amigo Animal Clinic at 586 25 Road in Grand Junction will be closed on Labor Day. Any questions, call 970-245-0210.