Donate Blood & Save a Life – Then Go Skiing at Powderhorn
Give the gift of life, and then take a friend skiing.
Now is a great time to donate blood. Not only will you be saving lives, but you'll also score a BOGO pass to Western Colorado's very own Powderhorn. When you donate blood at the St. Mary's Regional Blood Center in February 2020, you'll receive a "Buy One Get One Free" coupon good for a lift ticket.
Saving lives and hitting the slopes, it doesn't get much better than that! - St. Mary's Regional Blood Center
For old times' sake, here's my list of five reasons why you should donate blood. Okay, so I've run this list into the ground over the last five years. Nevertheless, it's just as valid now as it was five years ago.
- It's painless. Seriously, it doesn't hurt. Yeah, they have to poke a finger with a little needle to get a sample, and that's kind of a drag. Aside from that, you hardly notice anything.
- The people at the blood bank are awesome.
- You really do get free orange juice and cookies!
- You never know when you might need blood. Wouldn't it give you real peace of mind to know there was blood waiting should you need it?
- You literally are saving a life. How many times today will somebody need blood right here in Grand Junction? How about the country? Will it be someone you know? A family member? Be proactive! Emergencies happen without warning, but that doesn't mean you can't be prepared.
The St. Mary's Regional Blood Center is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon. Appointments aren't necessary, but if you would like to schedule ahead, check out the St. Mary's Regional Blood Center's awesome new "Donor Portal."
The lift pass can be used Monday through Friday only, March 1 through March 29, 2020.
Save a life, and then take a friend skiing at Powderhorn. Donating takes a matter of minutes. I believe you'll find it to be a rewarding experience. Donate today.