5 Reasons You Should Buy Flowers and Support Grand Jct. Symphony
Here's a chance to beautify your home while supporting the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra.
Do you love the GJSO? They are a fantastic group of people and provide a wonderful service to the Western Slope community. As you can imagine, with the cancellation of several concerts, most recently the "Ode to Joy" concert scheduled for May 9, the GJSO, like any other organization, has taken a major hit. Add to that the postponement of the annual Symphony Gala, and you can easily see the degree to which their revenue has been disrupted.
Enter springtime, and with that, flowers. The GJSO has teamed up with Bookcliff Gardens for a fantastic fundraiser resulting in a win-win for everybody. Right now you can place orders for hanging flower baskets from Bookcliff Gardens, with part of the proceeds going to the orchestra.
Place your order for these 12" plastic hanging flower baskets, in bloom, ready to hang or placed in a patio pot. These are available to you at a discounted price.
- 1 basket = $35
- 3 baskets = $110
- 5 baskets = $175
You can place your order now. Pickup is available on Tuesday, May 5, and Wednesday, May 6, from 7 a.m. to noon at Bookcliff Gardens at 755 26 Road. Pick up will be first come, first served, so get there early to get your favorite colors. The symphony staff will be on hand to assist.
Why should you pounce on this opportunity? Here are my top five reasons why:
- Mothers Day is coming up on May 10.
- We've all been cooped up the last month or so. Let's brighten the rest of 2020 with these awesome baskets.
- Most symphonies I know are lucky to generate 20% of their revenue from ticket sales. All symphonies rely on fundraisers such as this to remain operational.
- You'll love the way your house looks when adorned with these flowers, and you'll love the way the GJSO sounds when they are able to perform for the public.
- This is a win-win in every sense: You get awesome flowers, the GJSO gets part of the proceeds, and you're supporting a locally owned and operated business, Bookcliff Gardens.
I'm looking forward to picking up my order. I did a poor man's test run on their website, and it couldn't be easier. Local delivery is available for a $10 charge. There is a $3 processing fee, so an example of your final bill would be:
Three flower baskets for $110 plus the $3 Processing Fee: Total = $113
Support the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra, the fantastic musicians and support staff, and their education programs, with this awesome fundraiser. You'll also support the employees at the nursery. When it's all said and done, you'll enjoy the flowers, and before long, the magnificent sounds of the GJSO.
How Western Colorado Towns Got Their Names