The ‘Penny Date’ Creates Spontaneity in Any Relationship
Coming up with new and creative date-night ideas can be tough, fret no more, try the "Penny Date" to add a bit of spontaneity to your relationship.
You know the scenario, you and your significant other sit and stare blankly at each other trying to decide where and what you want to for date night. The conversation normally volleys back and forth like an intense tennis match: "Let's go out tonight, what do you feel like doing?" "Meh. I don't care, what do you feel like doing?"
It's a never ending cycle of indecision.
Here's a super-simple solution for you, the "Penny Date." No, it's not a date that will only cost you a penny -- although, it could end up costing you nothing -- it's a clever way to create a spontaneous date. Here's what you do:
- Get dressed to go on out.
- Grab a penny and ask you significant other to choose a number between 10 and 30.
- Jump in your car and head out on your date.
- Flip the penny. If it's heads, take a right turn at the next intersection. If it's tails, take a left turn.
- Once you've flipped your penny the number of times your significant other picked, stop! You have reached your date destination.
You never know where you'll end up. Maybe a fancy restaurant, an ice cream shop or in the middle of a field. Who really cares, as long as you're spending time with that special person, right?!
Give it a try, and let us know how yours went.