New Reality Show Has Celebrity Kids Roughing It Out On This Colorado Ranch
If you happened to have been watching the People's Choice Awards you might've caught a sneak peek of a new reality show set to hit cable TV early next year.
What makes this reality show so special among the several that are already on TV + streaming services? Well, it's got ties to Colorado.
Set to premiere in January 2022, Relatively Famous: Ranch Rules follows the lives of eight kids who lead far from ordinary lives, as they are all the children of celebrities. The twist? they have each chosen to - temporarily - leave their lives of luxury in exchange for a taste of working life on the ranch.
The ranch these celebrity kids just so happen to be working on is in Steamboat Springs, CO.
Relatively Famous: Ranch Rules features the sons and daughters of superstar athletes, musicians, actors, former pro wrestlers, and more. The star-studded (by association, at least) cast includes:
- Hana Giraldo, daughter of rock icons Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo
- Austin Gunn, son of Wrestling Hall of Famer Billy Gunn
- Taylor "Tay" Hasselhoff, daughter of actor David Hasselhoff
- Jasmin Lawrence, daughter of comedian Martin Lawrence and stepdaughter to NFL Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith
- Myles O'Neal, son of NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal
- Redmond Parker, son of GRAMMY Award-winning musician and actor Ray Parker Jr.
- Ebie, daughter of hip-hop legend and pioneer rapper Eazy-E
- Harry James Thornton, son of actor Billy Bob Thornton
What Goes Down + Where It All Goes Down
Throughout the course of a month's stay, the group of eight will work together to restore and reopen Saddleback Ranch, a family-owned outdoor activity and cattle ranch in the Steamboat Springs area.
Much like millions of others nationwide, the ranch experienced great loss - which ultimately led to a year of shutdown - during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic; this group of individuals who have surely never encountered any type of ranch work (or quite frankly, any type of manual labor) in their lives suddenly find themselves in comical, rough, oftentimes stinky situations on the ranch - and we get to watch the disaster unfold right before our eyes.
After watching the pre-pilot episode of the show last night, I will most certainly be watching the premiere of Relatively Famous: Ranch Rules which airs on Wednesday, Jan. 12 on E!.
10 Movie, TV Actors That Lived in Colorado
10 Movie, TV Actresses That Lived in Colorado