Grand Junction Hospital Makes List of Best Maternity Hospitals
A Grand Junction hospital has made Newsweek's list of the 'Best Maternity Hospitals in the Nation.' This hospital is one of 217 U.S. hospitals that made the list.
We recently featured this hospital in Grand Junction for delivering the most babies in Western Colorado. This Grand Junction hospital delivered 1,337 babies in 2020 and now we're featuring them again for something else baby-related. St. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction was recently named one of the best maternity hospitals in the nation.
There are over 6,000 hospitals in the United States, but only 217 hospitals in 36 states made the Newsweek list of 'Best Maternity Hospitals in the Nation', including St. Mary's in Grand Junction. According to St. Mary's Medical Center's Facebook post in order the make the list the hospital:
...must demonstrate excellence in maternity care by meeting a number of standards including low rates of C-sections, episiotomies, and early elective deliveries.
If you're looking for a great maternity hospital, looks like you don't have to look far. St. Mary's in Grand Junction delivered 1,337 babies in 2020 in Western Colorado, 693 were boys and 644 were girls. We wonder how many babies this Grand Junction hospital will deliver in 2021.
More Colorado hospitals that made Newsweek's list of 'Best Maternity Hospitals in the Nation' include:
- Banner Fort Collins Medical Center - Fort Collins
- Centura Health-Castle Rock Adventist Hospital - Castle Rock
- Centura Health-Avista Adventist Hospital - Louisville
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist Hospital - Littleton
- Centura Health-Longmont United Hospital - Longmont
- Centura Health-Mercy Regional Medical center - Durango
- Centura Health-St. Francis Medical Center - Colorado Springs
- East Morgan County Hospital - Brush
- Good Samaritan Medical Center - Lafayette
- Lutheran Medical Center - Wheat Ridge
- McKee Medical Center - Loveland
- Sterling Regional MedCenter - Sterling