Why You Should Take A Friend Fishing in Colorado
Get your lines ready because it's time to fish in Colorado.
According to a report from Colorado Parks and Wildlife, when you teach a friend to fish here in the state of Colorado you can earn more than just mentor experience, you can win some awesome prizes for sharing your skills!
What is Friend Fishing in Colorado?
Colorado Parks and Wildlife is kicking off their 4th annual friend fishing competition, which encourages avid fishers to teach a beginner how to fish.
Both the mentor and the mentee must both be over 21 years of age and submit a photo and a brief summary of the time you spent on the water. Please keep in mind that, the mentor must have had a Colorado fishing license before the start of the contest.
What Kind of Prizes Are Available?
- 6 hour guided boat fishing trip for two provided by Northern Colorado Fishing Outfitters - $475
- Full-day guided fly fishing trip for two on the Platte River near Denver provided by Trouts Fly Fishing - $550
- Cooler package: Soft sided YETI cooler and 60-quart polar cap cooler from Bass Pro Shops & Cabela's - $600
- Full beginner fly fishing set up (rod/reel combo, tippet, leaders, tools, and fly box with 60 files) from Ascent Fly Fishing - $400
- Full beginner spin-casting set up (rod/reel combo, net, and tackle box with over $300 worth of gear and lures) - $400
- Full ice fishing setups including; sled, auger, rods/reels, and pop up shelter - $600
- Premium fly fishing set up: Orvis rods with Ross Reels - $900
- Tenkara rods from Zen Tenkara - $300
- Belly boat with accessories (fins & pump) - $300
- Each winner will also receive a year's subscription to Colorado Outdoors Magazine.
When and How Are Winners Selected?
Winners will be selected based on their ability to inspire others. Both the mentor and the mentee will each receive a prize.
Winners will be chosen at three different times during the year in July, October, and February.
So what are you waiting for? Take a friend fishing today!
KEEP SCROLLING TO SEE THE BEST PLACES TO FISH ON THE GRAND MESA