The Most Popular Baby Girl Name in Colorado in the Last 60 Years
Over the last 60 years, there are a few baby girl names that have risen above all the rest in popularity.
According to this video by Cyber Coastal, the one name that stands out is Jennifer.For 15 consecutive years, from 1970 to 1984, Jennifer was the most popular girl's name in Colorado.
Another extremely popular name has been Jessica, which was the state's most popular girl's name for 9 years, from 1985-1990, and from 1993-1995.
As we approached the turn of the century there was a retro trend toward more old-fashioned names. Emily was the most popular baby name for 12 years, from 1996-2007. The other popular girl's names in the last 20 years also have a yester-year feel to them, like Emma, Isabella, and Sophia.
What the next 20 years hold is anybody's guess, but it could be interesting if parents-to-be following the lead of a few celebrities who have gone off the chart to name their kids.
* Beyonce and JayZ- Blue Ivy, Sir, and Rumi
* Chrissy Teigen and John Legend - Luna, Miles
* Ciara and Russell Wilson(Seahawks QB) - Sienna Princess, Future Zahir
* Geri Hallowell and Christian Horner - Montague, Bluebell Madonna,
* Halle Berry and Oliver Martinez- Maceo, Nahla Ariela
* Janet Jackson and Wissam Al Mana - Eissa
* Kelly Clarkson and Brandon Blackstock - River Rose, Remington Alexander
* Kim Kardashian and Kanye West - North, Saint, Chicago, Psalm
I am just hoping that parents remember that the names they give their children will be with them for the rest of their lives. What's cute now, may not be so cute in 40 years.