Mesa County Public Health Hosting Drive-Thru Flu Clinic
The flu season is on the way and here is an easy way to get your flu shot.
Mesa County Public Health is hosting a drive-thru flu clinic on Saturday, October 17 and Saturday, October 24. It's an easy way to get vaccinated before we jump into the winter flu season.
If you are interested in getting a flu shot, here's what you need to know.
* The clinics are being held at the Mesa County Public Health location at 510 29 1/2 Road, just off of North Avenue.
* All ages are welcome with special consideration for children.
* You should bring your ID and insurance card if you have one.
* If you don't have insurance, you qualify for their vaccine program.
* You don't need an appointment, but you need to register online.
* All of the personal information received is not being used outside of Mesa County Public Health except for insurance billing purposes.
* The cost of flu vaccination is generally covered 100% by insurance and MCPH is required to bill your insurance carrier for services.
* While going through the process, anyone exiting a vehicle needs to wear a mask and observe social distancing.
* You are asked to wear a mask while interacting with staff at the registration and vaccine stations.
* Children 18 and under will go to a designated spot that will allow the children and family to get out of the car for a smoother experience for the child.
Here's a note of clarification for anyone who might be wondering. This flu clinic has absolutely nothing to do with COVID-19 and is not a vaccine for the coronavirus. But, if you want to get a regular flu shot, this is the perfect opportunity.