Mega Millions Jackpot $970 Million: Where Previous Western Colorado Winners Bought Tickets
With no winner on Wednesday, the Mega Millions jackpot continues to climb. For the Friday, October 19 drawing, the jackpot is estimated to be $970 million. Here's where previous western Colorado winners bought tickets.
You can look at this list one of two ways. Since these places had previous winners, they're favorable for future winners. Or, since they've already sold winning tickets, they may be less likely to produce another winner than places who haven't had previous winners.
There is always the possibility that it's all luck and it doesn't matter where you buy the tickets. what does matter is that you have a measly 1 in 360 million chance of winning the Mega Millions jackpot. My advice is don't spend your life savings trying to win. Instead, play for fun and hope for the best.
Colorado Lottery says these are locations in western Colorado where at least two previous winners purchased Mega Millions game tickets. This includes the number of winners at that location and the total amount won.
- City Market 200 Rood Avenue - 4 Winners $43,000
- City Market 569 32 Road - 3 Winners $5,500
- Safeway 2901 Patterson Road - 3 Winners $8,000
- City Market 2770 Highway 50 - 2 Winners $2,500
Other Towns With Multiple Winners From a Single Location
- Battlement Mesa - Kum & Go 0010 Stone Quarry Road - 2 Winners $16,000
- Cedaredge - Go-Fer Foods 915 South Mesa Drive - 2 Winners $2,000
- Cortez - Good to Go Store 717 South Broadway - 2 Winners $2,000
- Craig - Kum & Go 700 East Victory Way - 2 Winners $10,000
- Crawford - Desperado 40486 D Lane - 2 Winners $11,000
- Dinosaur - Loaf N Jug 101 West Brontosaurus Boulevard - 2 Winners $20,000
- Glenwood Springs - City Market 1410 Grand Avenue - 2 Winners $4,500
- New Castle - Kum & Go 801 Castle Valley Boulevard - 2 Winners $3,500
- Rifle - City Market 1320 Railroad Avenue - 3 Winners $6,000
- Steamboat Springs - City Market 1820 Central Park Drive - 2 Winners $10,000
If Mega Millions isn't enough, the Powerball jackpot for Saturday's drawing is estimated to be $430 million. Your odds of winning that jackpot are 1 in 292 million.
If you're curious like I am, here are the estimated odds of winning both the Mega Millions and the Powerball jackpots this week, 1 in 88 quadrillion. I can't even begin to wrap my head around the odds. Still, it is going to be fun to try for back-to-back wins.