How To Avoid the Hazards of Halloween Make-Up
For Halloween costumes that require the application of make-up, trick-or-treaters and party goers need to be aware of the hazards of Halloween make-up.
Dressing up and fixing up can be a lot of fun at Halloween, but it can quickly turn into a nightmare if you aren't careful with your make-up choices. There's nothing like toxic costume make-up to spoil the Halloween fun.
Yahoo offers some tips, advice, and things to watch out for when it comes to Halloween costumes and make-up.
- Cheap Halloween make-up is generally of a lower quality, and more likely to cause skin problems. Your best best is to pay a little more for better quality.
- If you have to go with cheaper products, don't use it around your mouth and eyes.
- Cosmetic products and their ingredients don't have to be approved by the FDA - the exception being color dyes, so check the FDA's list of approved color additives.
- If you are using a product for the first time or if you have sensitive skin, it's best to test the make-up some place like your arm before putting it on your face - and you'll want to do this a few days before Halloween to be sure you don't have a reaction.
- Be careful with glue if you are applying fake eyelashes or nails. Glue can damage your nails and/or cause the loss of your real lashes.