December Update: COVID-19 in Mesa County
Mesa County is currently in the Level Severe Risk: Red phase, according to the Mesa County Public Health Department. There have been 98 new COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours in Mesa County.
Here's a breakdown of some of the COVID-19 numbers here in Mesa County:
- 1,617 new cases in the last two weeks
- 38 people are currently hospitalized in Mesa County
- 79 deaths due to COVID-19 in Mesa County
- 50.1-75% of resources are being utilized for hospital beds and staffed ICU beds
There have been 7,000 positive COVID-19 cases in Mesa County and 100,467 coronavirus tests have been given. The majority of the sources of exposure in Mesa County are either unknown or from contact with a family member.
- All indoor events and entertainment are closed
- Indoor dining is closed, outdoor dining is open with 'only groups of own househould'
- 10% capacity for offices
- 10% capacity for gyms
- 25% capacity for places of worship
- 50% capacity for critical/non critical retail
You can find out more about what our current phase and more about COVID-19 in Mesa County means here.