Tragic Timeline: Colorado’s Suzanne Morphew’s Remains Discovered
It's a Colorado case that has garnered national and world attention: "What happened to Suzanne Morphew?" On September 22, 2023, Suzanne's remains were found, not very far from where she went missing.
While investigators go over the new information from finding Morphew's remains, take a look at the timeline of events in regard to her disappearance.
Her case has consumed many: What happened to Suzanne Morphew in Colorado? Who was involved in her disappearance? Will there be justice when it comes to finding out who was behind her disappearance, and what caused her death?
From the Chafee County Sheriff:
Although locating Suzanne’s remains is a critical component of this investigation, and for her family, we are left with many more questions than answers...
THE DISAPPEARANCE OF SUZANNE MORPHEW IN COLORADO: A TIMELINE OF KEY EVENTS:
- MAY 10, 2020: Suzanne Morphew, 49, from Chaffe County, is reported missing, after going on a bike ride and not returning. Morphew's husband, Barry, offers a $100,000 reward. That reward would be doubled by a fund established to find Suzanne.
- August 31, 2020: Suzanne's family launches own search into her disappearance.
- SEPTEMBER 2, 2020: A co-worker of Barry Morphew reports Morphew smelled of chlorine when the co-worker came to take over staying at Morphew's hotel room on May 10, 2020.
- SEPTEMBER 25, 2020: Suzanne's brother reports that Barry Morphew will not search the Morphew home.
- SEPTEMBER 30, 2020: Chaffee County Sheriff's Office debunks reports of human remains behind found.
- October 8, 2020: In a news interview, Barry Morphew states belief that Suzanne is still alive.
- May 5, 2021: Morphew's husband, Barry Morphew, is arrested on charges of first-degree murder, tampering with evidence, and attempting to influence a public servant, in connection with the disappearance of Suzanne.
- May 8, 2021: Report alleges Barry Morphew used Suzanne's ballot to vote for Trump.
- April 19, 2022: Prosecutors dismiss charges against Barry Morphew without prejudice.
- May 9, 2023: Barry Morphew files a $15 million lawsuit against investigators in Suzanne's disappearance case.
- September 22, 2023: While searching for evidence in an unrelated case, agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation find human remains in Moffat, in Saguache County.
- September 27, 2023: El Paso County Coroner confirms the identity of remains to be those of Suzanne Morphew.
From Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze:
While this case has garnered attention from around the world, it has touched our community and the sheriff’s office deeply... We have never stopped our investigation and will continue to follow all leads in pursuit of justice for Suzanne.
The public is asked to continue to report any information about this case by calling (719) 312-7530.