Colorado Hospitals Must Now Provide The State With COVID Patient Data
The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment has issued an updated public health order which now requires hospitals across the state to report data to the state regarding the age and vaccination status of COVID-19 patients.
The updated public health order went into effect on Wednesday (Sept. 1).
As per the updated health order, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment is also requiring hospitals to report how many intensive care beds are available based on whether they are for adults or children.
“We continue to monitor hospital capacity closely. Between the unvaccinated and those under 12 years of age, adding additional measures and data helps us further evaluate. We continue to stress the importance of getting a safe and effective vaccine to help protect Coloradans from serious infections. We’ve also added vaccination requirements for state contractors who enter state facilities,” said Scott Bookman, COVID-19 Incident Commander, as per a news release via the CDPHE website, highlighting the changes to this health order.
“We support and fully expect local communities to take additional steps to protect their communities given the variability of disease transmission and vaccination across the state.”
A brief summary of the changes include:
- Community corrections programs and facilities are added to the list of entities that must require masking for unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated individuals.
- Reiterates that schools must report cases and outbreaks and comply with local and/or state public health requirements, as applicable, for case investigation and disease mitigation, including isolation and quarantine as clarified in accordance with existing law.
- CDPHE may require counties whose resident hospitalizations threaten to exceed 85% of hospital or hospital system capacity to report additional data and consult with CDPHE regarding disease mitigation strategies.
- Patient age and vaccination status is included as elements of hospital data reporting.
- Modified hospital ICU bed reporting requirements to differentiate between adult and pediatric beds.
- Added vaccination requirements for state contractors who enter state facilities.
For a full summary of the changes, click here.
As per the news release, the amended order will expire at 12:01 a.m. on Oct 1, 2021, unless extended, rescinded, superseded, or amended in writing.
For the latest information and data regarding COVID-19 in Colorado, visit covid19.colorado.gov.