Montrose Goes ‘All Out’ for Youth Appreciation Day
Youth Appreciation Day is Saturday (August 12) and Montrose is celebrating the day with an extraordinary number of free events and activities for kids.
Youth Day in Montrose coincides with International Youth Day which is held each year on August 12. International Youth Day began in 1999 when the United Nations declared August 12 as a day to recognize youth around the world with the focus on making a better world for young people.
The Montrose celebration begins at 8 a.m. on Saturday with a pancake breakfast plus a backpack and school supply giveaway at Montrose Daily Press.
Other highlights include;
- Open gym at Mack’s Entertainment – 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Tours, arts and crafts at the Ute Indian Museum – 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Free movie “Smurfs: the Lost Village – 11 a.m. at Fox Theater
- Mini Golf at Cedar Creek RV – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Food and Fun at Riverbottom Park 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Movie on the lawn at Montrose Rec Center 8 p.m.
All events and activities are free for children. Some activities and events may charge a nominal fee for adults.