What You Need to Know About Winter X Games 2017
The 2017 Winter X Games are happening this weekend in Aspen and here's what you need to know if you go. It's gonna be fun, entertaining, and "Xciting!"
Extreme winter sports are featured each year at the X Games, guys and gals flying through the air on snowboards, skis, snowmobiles and doing flips, somersaults, and totally insane stunts. It's so cool!
To get to the X Games from Grand Junction, take I-70 to Glenwood Springs. Take exit 116 and continue south on HWY 82 to Brush Creek Road.
- The X Games take place January 26 through 29.
- The venue is open 10 a.m. through 10:30 p.m. on Thursday, 10 a.m. through 11 p.m. on Friday, Saturday, and 10 a.m. through 5 p.m. on Sunday.
- Competitions are free and open to the viewing public, while concert tickets are available for purchase.
- Musical performers include Bassnectar, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, The Chainsmokers, and G-Eazy.
- All the events are held outside, so dress for warmth.
- Free parking is available at the Brush Creek Intercept Lot on HWY 82. Free shuttles are provided to the venue.
- Items not allowed include pets, folding chairs, coolers, large umbrellas, and noisemakers.
- Even though it's outside, no smoking is allowed.
- Photography is greatly restricted so if you are a photographer be sure and check for specific guidelines.
- ATMs are available on site.
- Food and drink concessions are available on site.