Taking Selfie With A Rattlesnake Ends Badly For California Man
Even the scarecrow from Wizard of Oz, with no brain, would know that taking a selfie with a rattlesnake is a bad idea and that it can only end badly.
Maybe 36-year-old Alex Gomez has straw for brains, but he ended up in the hospital after reportedly trying to take a selfie with a rattlesnake, which promptly bit him on the hand.
According to the Denver Post, Gomez made the fateful decision on Monday to try and get a selfie with the snake. The snake, in no mood to be posing for the camera, bit Gomez on the hand, causing it to swell. A neighbor called 9-1-1 and Gomez was taken to the hospital, and his mother says he could lose the hand.
You know, this would have never happened 30 years ago.We didn't have cell phones and Facebook. We had no idea what a selfie was, because it hadn't been "invented" yet.
If this story sounds vaguely familiar it's because it was about a month ago when a San Diego man pulled the same stunt, which also ended badly.
For some people, putting a weapon or a tool in their hands is a dangerous thing. For others, like Mr. Gomez, putting a cell phone in their hands is a really bad idea. We bet the next time he gets the urge to take a selfie with a rattlesnake, he opts instead to take it with the family cat.