How to Help Grand Junction Businesses During Pandemic
Right now lots of people are unsure of what to do or how to react to the Coronavirus and specifically COVID-19 pandemic. While lots of businesses are closing their doors to curb the outbreak there are workers that are now worried about not being able to pay their bills with the lack of customers eating out or exploring local shops right now.
This topic hits really close to home as I have a brother who works in food service and I was just speaking with him about his restaurant closing down temporarily. It's a lonely feeling when your job doesn't have hours for you and you're now having to worry about paying your bills.
There are a lot of food service workers and lots of neighbors that work in customer service and are affected by the Coronavirus Pandemic but there are some things we can do to help through this tough time such as:
- Buy a Gift Card to a Local Business - Help the local companies make sure they can pay their bills and employees.
- Shop Online - Many downtown and local area shops offer their products online to check out what they have through their digital storefront.
- Order Takeout - Many restaurants aren't opening their normal dining rooms but you can still order take out or have it delivered through delivery services.
- Tip a Little Extra - Because we all know that fewer people are eating out right now, tip the workers that are there to serve you.
- Make Reservations... Show Up - Right now businesses are trying to watch labor costs, so if you make reservations as a restaurant or business make sure you show up.
- Social Currency - Help a local business or restaurant by leaving a good review from the last experience you had there. So, it encourages future customers to stop in.
Remember to wash your hands, if you're feeling sick stay home, and we will all get through this unusual time soon.