Grand Junction Sex Crime Suspect Arrested – Investigation Continues
A Grand Junction man suspected of sex crimes involving three different underage victims has been arrested. Even with the arrest, the Mesa County Sheriff's Department is continuing their investigation.
The suspect, 42-year-old Collin James Jensen, is accused of committing unlawful sexual acts with at least three separate children and recording some of those acts between May 7, 2014, and July 28, 2017.
Jensen is facing several charges including:
- 5 counts of Sexual Assault on a Child in a Pattern of Abuse
- 5 counts of Sexual Assault on a Child in a Position of Trust Pattern of Abuse
- 2 counts of Sexual Assault on a Child
- 2 counts of Sexual Assault on a Child in a Position of Trust
- Crime of Violence Sentence Enhancer
- Jessica's Law Sentence Enhancer
The Mesa County Sheriff's Department is reviewing evidence and attempting to determine if there are any other victims sexually assaulted by Jensen.
As part of that investigation, the Sheriff's Office is asking that anyone who has information about the case, including assault victims to contact them on the Witness Tip Line at 970-244-3526.
Anonymous tips can also be made through Crime Stoppers of Mesa County at 970-241-7867.