Grand Junction Is the Perfect Place to Start One of Colorado’s Best Motorcycle Rides
As the weather in Western Colorado continues to warm, motorcyclists are itching to, or already have, started to ride. Grand Junction is a great starting point for one of the best rides in the state.
Colorado.com compiled a list of the state's most popular motorcycle rides and Highway 141 from Whitewater to Placerville is one of them.
This section of highway known as the Unaweep/Tabeguache Scenic Historic Byway is a fun ride in a lot of ways. The road has it's share of winding curves, straightaways and incredible scenery with plenty of towering rock walls. Also, depending on the time of year, a waterfall or two.
Part of the highway runs along the Dolores and San Miguel rivers adding even more beauty to the ride.
Add to that some great stops along the way, including the Gateway Auto Museum and Uravan, the site of the mine - now a disposal site - that provided uranium for some of the the country's first nuclear weapons.
Other great rides on the list include;
- Mount Evans Scenic and Historic Byway
- Trail Ridge Road Scenic and Historic Byway
- Santa Fe Trail Scenic and Historic Byway
- San Juan Scenic and Historic Byway
- Frontier Scenic and Historic Byway
- Pawnee and Pioneer Trails Scenic and Historic Byway
- Top of the Rockies Scenic and Historic Byway
- Independence Pass
- Los Caminos Antiguos Scenic and Historic Byway
Even if you don't ride a motorcycle, these are all great drives for whatever your favorite travel vehicle is.