Winners of the 2015 Grand Junction Downtown Car Show
The 2015 downtown Grand Junction on Saturday was a terrific event for both car enthusiasts and casual spectators with over 150 cars on display. This show is all about fun so it's no surprise the award categories are just as fun.
Like most car shows, there are Best of Show and People's choice, but awards including Most Likely to Get a Speeding Ticket, selected by the Grand Junction Police Department, and the KOOLest car award, picked by KOOL 107.9, are not traditional awards given at most car shows.
Here are the 2015 Downtown Grand Junction Car Show winners listed by category, make/mode and owner:
- Most Desired Trade-In - 1941 Chevrolet Pickup - Ed Reed
- Most Unique - Divco Twin (Milk Truck) - Thomas Palmiere
- Koolest Car - 1956 Chevrolet Nomad - Steve Bruce
- Mayor's Choice - 1953 Dodge Pickup - Robert Kenney
- Most Likely to Get a Speeding Ticket - 2015 Rousch Ford Mustang - Jan Rohr
- Traveled Most Miles to the Show - 1959 Chevrolet Apache - Dan Kelly (Lehi, Utah)
- People's Choice - 1993 Cadillac Elante - LeRoy Trujillo
- Best in Show 5th Place - 1963 Dodge Pickup - Bill Muelstedt
- Best in Show 4th Place - 1956 Chevrolet Nomad - Steve Bruce
- Best in Show 3rd Place - Ford Deluxe Coupe - Sherry and Dennis Brown
- Best in Show 2nd Place - 1957 Chevrolet Belair - Jared Peterson
- Best in Show Overall Winner - 1950 Mercury Coupe - Jason Richardson
2015 marked the 14th year of the popular car show which included a visit by members of the Rocky Mountain Ferrari Club adding even more fun to the show.