Wildland Firefighter and Support Crew Jobs in Western Colorado
The Upper Colorado River Interagency Fire and Aviation Management Unit (UCR) is currently recruiting wildland firefighting employees for 2018.
UCR, a partnership between the National Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management is holding recruitment sessions this month in Grand Junction, and Glenwood Springs. There will be additional recruitment and hiring events beginning January 2018 in Grand Junction, Glenwood Springs, and Eagle
There are 5.8 million acres of land UCR provides firefighting and support crews for each year. Approximately 30 people are expected to be hired for the 2018 season which typically runs from May through September depending on need and funding.
Temporary positions available include wildland firefighters, engine crews, helitack teams, and dispatchers.
UCR seasonal firefighters are the initial responders to the numerous small wildfires in western Colorado, but can also be sent to help crews in other states as the need arises.
The November recruitment sessions are designed to explain the specific duties, physical fitness requirements, pay structure, and familiarize people with complexities of federal hiring requirements.
November Recruitment Sessions will be held at:
- Glenwood Springs Community Center, 100 Wulfsohn Road on November 8 from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m
- Grand Junction Air Center, 2774 Landing View Lane, November 15 from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m.
January 2018 Application Assistance Sessions will be held at:
- Holy Cross Ranger Station 24747 US Highway 24, Minturn, Colo. on January 4 from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m.
- Glenwood Springs Community Center January 5 From 3 p.m. until 7 p.m.
- Grand Junction Air Center January 8 from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m.