What You Need to Know About Grand Junction Spring Clean Up
In the city of Grand Junction, spring cleaning is more than just an over-used cliche’, it is an annual ritual for thousands of residents.
The annual spring clean-up in Grand Junction begins on April 10 and runs through April 21. There are a few things to keep in mind if you are taking part in the city’s annual clean-up program.
If you live in the city limits North of North Avenue, your week of debris pick-up is April10-14. If you are south of North Avenue, it will be April 17-21.
For starters, here’s what NOT to do:
- Don’t pile up debris against fences or buildings on private property
- Don’t set out any hazardous materials, or e-waste
- No items more than 6 feet long
- No liquids
- No tires
- No refrigerated appliances containing freon
Here’s what you SHOULD do:
- Have your items for disposal out at the curb by 7 a.m. the week of your scheduled clean-up.
- Make sure you set out debris in front of YOUR house.
- Be sure debris is separate from things you want to keep, like trash containers.
For more on the spring clean-up project check out the video featuring streets and solid waste manager, Darren Star.