Western Colorado Motorcycle Collectors Crown Their Champions [LIST]
The results are in for last Saturday's 8th Annual Vintage Motorcycle Days. Motorcycle enthusiasts from across the country came to Palisade to show off their bikes, and the champions have been announced.
The Western Colorado Vintage Motorcycle Association hosts the annual event, showcasing various makes and models of foreign and domestic bikes. Motorcycles must be at least 25 years old to be in the show.
The event, held every June in downtown Palisade, includes live music, fun for the kids with bounce houses from Willy Wanna Jump, and all the services provided by Palisade's downtown merchants.
Those showcasing their motorcycles have the option to enter their bikes for judging. Judges determine the winners in some categories, while a "People's Choice" vote determines the winners in others.
Here are the winners for the 2016 Vintage Motorcycle Days.
- 1st Rick Toma; 67’ Honda 305 Scrambler
- 2nd Tim Leply; 72’ Kawasaki H2
- 3rd Dennis Kirtland; 74’ Honda CB750
- 1st George Sant; Harley Davidson Hummer
- 2nd Ron Arbaney; 51’ Indian Chief
- 3rd Sam Van Valkenburgh; 54’ Mustang Trike
- 1st Pete Boomgaard; 61’ Norton 99 Dominator
- 2nd Gary Plsek; 67’ Triumph Tiger Cub
- 3rd Daren Roybal; 75’ Norton Commando
- 1st Rich Kearney; 81’ BMW R80 GS
- 2nd Brial Soule; 64’ BMW R50/2
- 3rd Gary Plsek; 75’ Ducati 860
- Kit Axelson; 78’ Honda Hawk
- Marty Pedler; Yamaha 496 Land Speed
- Kit Axelson; 80’ Suzuki GX450
- Dennis Kirtland; 74’ Honda CB750
The Western Colorado Vintage Motorcycle Association hosts this event every June. If you would like to place a bike in the show, contact the WCVMA. This is a free, family event. There is no charge to place a bike in the show. If you would like to register the bike for judging, there is a nominal fee.