Western Colorado Comes Together To Insure Everyone Stays Warm This Winter
Western Colorado residents have come out in force to provide coats for those who are going without this coming Winter. Donations are rolling in, and the Annual Salvation Army Coat Drive will continue through the end of the November.
Many residents of Western Colorado, some of them children, lack the basic necessities of warm clothing for the coming Winter. Could you imagine walking to school this Winter without a decent coat?
Please take a look around the house, and see if you have any coats you've either outgrown or don't plan to wear again. In my case, I found two jackets in my hall closet I don't plan to ever wear. As a matter of fact, I'm not entirely sure where the one jacket came from. I think it's mine.
While many people have donated, there still remains more need than inventory. The coat drive will continue through the end of the month with hopes of receiving enough coats to warm everybody who needs one.
There are several donation barrels located all over the Grand Valley.
- Bray Realty – 7th and North
- Town Square Media – 315 Kennedy Avenue
- KJCT – Blickman Avenue off of 24 Road
- REMAX 4000 – 1st and Patterson
- Flower By Lorraine – next to REMAX 4000
- Fidelity Mortgage – 1st and Patterson
- Major Mortgage – 2474 Patterson
- Keller Williams – 2474 Patterson
- Cabela’s – Mesa Mall
- America’s Best Optical – Rimrock Avenue next to Einstein’s Bagels
- Mesa County Public Works – 200 South Spruce Street
- Loki – Colorado Avenue between 4th and 5th
- Unifirst Mortgage – 5th and Rood
- Center For Independence – 740 Gunnison
- Grand Valley Video – Orchard Mesa next to Subway