Ultimate Breakfast Pizza Makes You Hope For Leftovers
Often times, the thought of leftovers can make you feel - shall we say - less than enthused, but this breakfast pizza will have meat and cheese lovers hoping for leftovers tomorrow.
It's been a while since I have shared a recipe with you, and after trying something new over the weekend, I just had to pass this along.
Any time you try a new recipe there is some apprehension. There's just no guarantee that it will taste as good as it looks or sounds. But, how can you go wrong with thick sliced bacon, fresh pork sausage, yummy scrambled eggs, crispy hash round potatoes, and oodles of cheese? The answer is, you can't!
If your family loves breakfast for dinner, they are going to LOVE the Ultimate Breakfast Pizza! Here's how you do it.
What you'll need:
1lb pork sausage
1/2 package bacon
1 package of grated cheese (your choice)
1 package of round tater tots
- Pre-heat the oven to 450
- While the oven is pre-heating fry up the bacon - and pour the bacon grease into a black iron skillet.(this helps the potatoes to get crispy) Cut the bacon into bite -sized pieces and set aside.
- Completely cover the bottom of the skillet with potato rounds and bake for the instructed time - about 20 minutes.
- In separate skillets, while the potatoes are cooking, brown the sausage, and scramble the eggs
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and reduce the heat to 375
- Cover the potatoes with a layer of cheese, followed by the scrambled eggs. Next, cover the eggs with the sausage, and another layer of cheese. Sprinkle the bacon on top, followed by the remaining cheese
- Return skillet to oven for an additional 10 minutes
- Prepare your taste buds to go to breakfast heaven
One delicious option is to prepare some sausage gravy to pour over your helping of complete goodness, and maybe do some biscuits and gravy on the side. But, even if you don't, you're still going to have a prize-winning meal- and your family will love the leftovers!