Top 5 Reasons to Ride the Shuttle to Colorado Mountain Winefest
The 25th Anniversary Colorado Mountain Winefest is close at hand. The event features everything you can think of - wine tasting, grape stomping, great food, live music, and the festival in the park. One thing the event doesn't have is an abundance of parking. Ride the shuttle!
The Colorado Mountain Winefest has typically drawn thousands of people to Palisade's Riverbend Park. The venue is nothing short of fantastic. Unfortunately, as with all larger events, parking rapidly dissipates, and wallah - you're on foot. Let someone else handle the parking - ride the shuttle!
Here are the top five reasons to ride the shuttle:
- The walk from Riverbend Park to the downtown area of Palisade is no little stroll... it's a considerable hike.
- There is already more than enough traffic coming through the bottleneck at Riverbend Park.
- Why not include the downtown area as part of your visit to the festival?
- This is your getaway, your chance to relax and enjoy a great festival - why complicate it with the headaches of traffic and parking?
- This is a wine festival - enjoy the opportunity to partake of fantastic wines without having to worry about driving.
Ultimately, there are two options when riding the shuttle:
For those coming in from Grand Junction, they offer Option 1:
- Where: Shuttles stop at participating hotels on Horizon Drive and Downtown Grand Junction.
- Horizon Drive Locations:
- Super 8
- La Quinta
- Clarion Inn
- Holiday Inn
- Grand Vista Hotel
- Downtown Grand Junction Locations:
- SpringHill Suites
- Fairfield Inn & Suites
- Hampton Inn
- RV Ranch in Clifton
- Cost: $15 each - purchased online at Coloradowinefest.com or on the day of the event at the DoubleTree Hotel or Springhill Suites for $20.00 (can be purchased from 9 a.m. to noon only.)
For those driving to Palisade, there is option #2:
- Where: Shuttle service from the town of Palisade
- When: Runs every 15-20 minutes
- Cost: FREE!
People come in from all over the country to enjoy the Colorado Winefest. Hopefully, you'll be a part of this year's event. When you make your way to Riverbend Park, play it safe, make life simple, and have the most fun possible... ride the shuttle.