Ten Things We Could Do With Our ‘Extra’ Hour This Weekend
We turn our clocks back one hour this weekend and now the question is what are we going to do with that 'extra' hour?
In case you had forgotten, Daylight Saving Time ends this weekend, so be sure and roll your clocks back one hour before you go to bed Saturday night.
Now, what in the world to do with that 'extra' hour. Hmmm.....what could we do in an hour's time?
- Assuming we can get all the ingredients mixed together in 10 minutes, we could bake about six dozen yummy sugar cookies.
- If we were to pay a visit to a nearby driving range, we could probably slug a large bucket of balls.
- Fast forwarding through the commercials along with the opening and closing credits, we could probably squeeze in one classic episode each of "Gilligan's Island," "The Dick Van Dyke Show," and a bumbling Barney Fife-filled episode of "The Andy Griffith Show."
- We could pay some attention to our messy automobile by cleaning all the trash out of the inside, running the vacuum, take it through the car wash, AND get the oil changed.
- If we weren't smart enough to renew our license plates online, we could go down to the Motor Vehicle Division and sit for an hour waiting our turn. Of course, we would have to do this on Friday or Monday.
- We could scroll endlessly through our Facebook wall and see what all of our 'friends' are having for dinner, and read the political and religious opinions of people we don't even know.
- We could play with the dogs, clean up their yard, and tend to some of their much needed and overdue grooming needs.
- We could spend an hour in prayer for our nation, our world, our community, our neighbors....gasp...our enemies.
- Take a drive down to the Colorado River Front Trail and take a leisurely stroll along the river.
- We could spend the hour walking around Mesa Mall, counting the times we are accosted by kiosk vendors in the middle aisles.
It is also possible we could simply forego the activity list and spend the extra hour in bed sleeping. Who among us couldn't use an extra hour of rest?