Six New City of Grand Junction Jobs You Would Be Perfect For
Are you dreading the thought of going back to work on Monday? Are you simply in the wrong job? The City of Grand Junction has several job positions available, and smart money says at least one of them is just right for you.
From time to time I like to check the City of Grand Junction’s official web page and see what job positions have come available. It changes frequently, with a wide variety of careers to consider.
I think you’ll agree some of these look interesting. At a glance, they sound like opportunities offering the right degree of challenge accompanied by decent pay and reasonable requirements. See for yourself. Please note that most of these have a closing date of July 31, 2017.
- 911 Dispatcher – $23.52 to $25.89 per hour
- Campus Safety Officer at CMU – $16.83 to $19.23 per hour
- EMT – $17.77 to $20.43 per hour
- Firefighter – $20.55 to $24.92 per hour
- GIS Analyst – $5,194 to $5,973 per month
- Police Officer Recruit – $23.00 per hour
In the interest of saving time, I went ahead and linked the job titles on this page to the application and information page at the Grand Junction site.
You might be saying to yourself, “Hey, these jobs all require specialized training and prior experience.” Hold on just a minute. Take a look at the qualifications needed for the Dispatcher position.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Good moral character
- Type 50 words per minute
- Flexible schedule including day, swing, graveyard,holidays and weekends.
- Available to work overtime
I don’t know about you, but to me, those qualifications seem to be very reasonable.
What do you have to lose? There aren’t many things worse than spending every day at a job you hate. Perhaps it’s time for a change.