Shopping for Dull Gifts is Easy When You Shop at These Stores
Scrooge, Grinch or any other character that dislikes Christmas gift giving might actually like shopping at places picked as the dullest stores for holiday shopping.
A tongue-in-cheek survey gave GameIt subscribers the chance to pick the dullest stores for holiday gift shopping. Here are their top picks.
- National Museum of Funeral History Store (Houston, Texas)
- Men's Girdle Store (online only)
- Dr. Samuel D. Harris National Museum of Dentistry Gift Shop (Baltimore, Maryland)
- Kansas Barbed Wire Museum Gift Shop (La Crosse, Kansas)
- Idaho Potato Museum Gift Shop (Blackfoot, Idaho)
- Salt and Pepper Shaker Museum Gift Shop (Gatlinburg, Tennessee)
The museums all get great reviews from many of the people who've visited them, so that's not the dull part. But, buying something from the gift shop or store for anyone but yourself probably doesn't make sense and therefore earns the distinction of dull.
I've been to a few of the cities and towns where these museums are located and one in particular, Gatlinburg, is an incredibly beautiful town at the base of the Great Smokey Mountains. I haven't been to the Salt and Pepper Shaker Museum there, but I'm putting it on my list of stops next time I'm in Tennessee just to shake it up a little.