Save Lives While Supporting Those ‘Behind the Badge’
The Grand Junction Police and Fire Departments will face each other in a "clash of the titans" to save lives. Will you take part in the battle?
The Grand Junction Police Department and the Grand Junction Fire Department are reaching out to you in hopes you'll donate blood. The 3rd Annual Heroes Behind the Badge Blood Drive will commence May 15.
The agency receiving the most donations will receive $500 to be donated to the charity of their choice. There will be several opportunities for you to donate at locations all over the valley.
Upcoming blood drives will be held on:
- 5/19 - Touch a Truck/Memorial Vigil - Long Family Park 5:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- 5/22 - St. Mary's Regional Blood Center from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- 5/23 - City Hall from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- 5/23 - Justice Center from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- 5/24 - GJFD Administration from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- 5/25 - City Hall of Fruita from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
In the event you can't make it to the Heroes Behind the Badge events, you can donate blood at the St. Mary's Regional Blood Center during their normal hours, Monday through Friday, 7 am to 5:30 pm, and on Saturdays from 7 am to noon.