Grand Junction is Home to the 2nd Deadliest Neighborhood in Colorado
According to a study by Census Track the neighborhood in the south part of Grand Junction between highways 6 and 50 has the 2nd most overall gun deaths between 2000 and 2011 in the state!
The study reports that this area saw 20 gun deaths during this time period including 17 suicides and 3 homicides.
The Western Slope also has the top neighborhoods for suicide gun deaths between 2000 and 2011
- 17 in the south part of Grand Junction between highways 6 and 50.
- 16 in Grand Junction south of Interstate 70 on the east side of the city.
- 15 in Montrose north of the junction of highways 50 and 550.
- 14 in the northwest quadrant of Mesa County.
- 13 in the south part of Grand Junction bisected by U.S. 50.