Grand Junction Hosting First Annual Downtown Art Festival
Grand Junction is hosting the First Annual Downtown Art Festival October 7 and 8.
During the festival, Grand Junction's downtown businesses and galleries will have various forms of artwork on display, plus there will be a children's film festival, comic con, and the installation of the 2016 Art on the Corner temporary exhibit.
Art lovers should come downtown and enjoy the demonstrations, the artists, and the music during the Downtown Art Festival.
- Beadwork demonstration at Crystal Books and Gifts Friday until 8PM and Saturday until 5:30PM
- Pottery demonstration at Grand Valley Books
- Artist Kate Keaney featured at Pollux Clothing Company
- An evening of Edgar Allan Poe at the Uncanny Valley Art Gallery
- Daguerrio Type Photo Booth at A Robin's Nest of Treasures and Antiques 5:30PM-8:00PM on Friday
- Artist Marilyn K. Anderson featured at The Art Bar
- Cindy Sampson reception at The Main St. Gallery Friday 5-9PM, and Flat Top Reed on Saturday 1-4PM
- Symphony Guild presents 48 masks created by artists at Colorado Canyon Gallery on Friday 5:30PM-8:00PM, and demonstrating artists throughout the day on Saturday
- Balloon artist Willy at Colorado Baby on Saturday 1-4PM
- Edgar Allan Poe Reception by Museum of the West at the Whitman Building Friday 6-9PM
- The Art Center at Five 60 Salon will host Art Unleashed, a show to benefit Roice-Hurst Humane Society
The Avalon Theatre will host an Alpha Family Children's Movie Festival featuring " E.T." at 3PM on Saturday followed at 7PM by "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." Admission is $6 for adults and $2 for kids.
The Mesa County Library is hosting Comic Con at the central library Saturday 10AM-4PM and there is no charge.
Charlie Dwellington's will be featuring the music of Hoo Doo Hedz Saturday 5-8PM, and Ella's Blues Room will feature Johnson County Coroners on Friday 8:30PM-11:30PM and Two Faces West on Saturday 8:30PM-5:30PM.
The Art on the Corner Installation will begin at 7AM on Saturday.
Make sometime Friday or Saturday evening to get to downtown Grand Junction and soak in some art.