Food Lovers Crown Their Champions at Taste of the Grand Valley
Western Colorado came out in force yesterday to sample cuisine from the best food venues in the region. When it was all said and done, funds were raised for the United Way of Mesa County, and voters crowned their picks for the best of the best at the 15th Annual Home Loan Taste of the Grand Valley.
Grand Junction’s Two Rivers Convention Center was packed with hundreds of hungry connoisseurs sampling everything from beef, gourmet coffee, frozen confections, specialty cheeses, and desserts.
The event kicked off at 4:00 Monday with thousands of people waiting at the door. Before long, the venue was packed. By the end of the event at 7;30, the food venues were running low on product, and the audience flaunted full bellies.
Those in attendance were encouraged to vote for their favorites in several categories. Here are the results from 2017’s Home Loan Taste of the Grand Valley:
- Best Overall Taste – Cowboy & The Rose
- Best Booth Decor – Cowboy & The Rose
- Best Entree – Cowboy & The Rose
- Best Beverage – Colorado Legacy Coffee
- Best Soup, Side or Snack – Zoup!
- Best Sweet Creation – Gelu Italian Ice
- 2nd Place Best Overall Taste – Flavors Grille of Colorado Canyons Hospital
- 2nd Place Booth Decor – Flavors Grille of Colorado Canyons Hospital
- 2nd Place Best Entree – The Ribber
- 2nd Place Best Beverage – Four Winds Coffee & Tea
- 2nd Place Best Soup, Side or Snack – Flavors Grille of Colorado Canyons Hospital
- 2nd Place Sweet Creation – Flavors Grille of Colorado Canyons Hospital
You’ll notice two venues, Cowboy & The Rose and Flavors Grille of Colorado Canyons Hospital both placed prominently in several categories.
Thank you to all the guests who attended this year’s event. No doubt you found a few new local favorites. In addition to all the great food, you raised revenue for the United Way of Mesa County. That’s a win-win all the way around.