Five Tips For Having the Best Tailgate Party Ever
With the Colorado Mesa University homecoming football game this weekend, the parking lot is sure to have plenty of tailgaters and we have five tips for having the best tailgate party ever.
There's nothing quite like the excitement of a big football game with the smell of tailgate smoke filling the air. Whether your food of choice is burgers, brats, chicken, or ribs, there are some important things to keep in mind so you can have the best and safest tailgate party .
The Mesa County Health Department offers these good reminders.
- Always keep raw meats and ready-to-eat foods separate. Using separate coolers is a great way to make sure these foods avoid contact.
- When you are preparing and serving food, always keep your hands and work surfaces clean.
- Be sure and cook food thoroughly. If you can't find a happy medium, over-cooked is always a better option than under-cooked.
- Be sure to keep food cool when transporting it to the site, and afterward, be sure and cool any leftovers as quickly as possible.
- Bring plenty of clean, disposable utensils to use while cooking.
Beyond that, just use some common sense and have fun!