Five Things To Do This Weekend in the Valley
It’s the last weekend of February and Spring is less than a month away. While temperatures in the Grand Valley have warmed up to ‘normal’, outdoor activities this weekend are a bit iffy. So here are five things you can do in the Grand Valley this weekend regardless of the weather.
1) ‘INTO THE WOODS’ -FRIDAY, SATURDAY presented by Grand Junction High School drama department. Performance times are 7pm Friday, and 2pm and 7pm Saturday at the Grand Junction High School Auditorium. Admission is $12 for adults, $10 for seniors/students and tickets are available at the door.
2) ‘THE VAMPYIRE’ -FRIDAY, SATURDAY presented by Palisade High School theatre arts. Performance times are 7pm Friday and Satuday at Palisade High School Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for students.
3) WORST DAY OF THE YEAR BICYCLE RIDE -SUNDAY 10am beginning at Redlands Dos Hombres. Show-and-go. Costumes are encouraged. Eat at Dos Hombres following. Rain, Snow or Shine. No entry fee.
4) GRAND JUNCTION SYMPHONY’S YOUNG ARTIST COMPETITION.SUNDAY 2pm at Moss Performing Arts Center Recital Hall. Four pianists compete in the final round. Admission $5. www.gysymphony.org
5) $5 MOVIES AT THE AVALON THEATRE –
‘Les Miserables’ – Saturday, 12:45,4:00,7:15; Sunday – 5:15
‘Contagion’ – Sunday, 2:00