Five Reasons Why You Should Participate in the Annual Vintage Motorcycle Days
It's a ton of fun! There you go, all the reason you need to fire up your old bike and bring it out to the annual Vintage Motorcycle Days coming to downtown Palisade on Saturday, June 3.
Motorcycle enthusiasts love to show off their vintage bikes at this annual show. You'll see everything from $300,000 museum pieces to rat bikes. This is a FREE family event with lots o' bikes, live music, and fun for the kids. Check out this video from past years' shows.
If you have a motorcycle at least 25 years old or older, regardless of make, model, or condition, you should seriously consider bringing it to this show. Displaying your motorcycle is free. If you wish to enter it for judging, there is a modest registration fee. Trophies will be awarded.
In addition to incredible bikes, the event also features live music with the Desert Flyer Band, fun for the kids with a bounce house from Willy Wanna Jump, and of course all the great downtown Palisade merchants.
There will be t-shirts for sale and a silent auction. All proceeds from this year's show go to support aspiring music students at Colorado Mesa University through the Robert "Bob" Grand Memorial Scholarship. Silent auction items include:
- 1 month of lessons from RL Drumstudio
- $25 certificates from Moses Leather
- Pair of tickets to the Grand Junction Symphony Orchestra
- 1 month of lessons from guitarist Javier De Los Santos
- 1-year gym membership at Monument Fitness
- Bag of coffee and gift card from Colorado Legacy Coffee
- 1 pair of 4-day General Admission Country Jam 2017 tickets
- Certificates from Images Salon
- Music apparel from JB Hart Music
- Gift certificate from Abundant Health LLC
- Pair of tickets to Nitro Circus Live
- Certificates from Harrah's Hair Company
- Gift card to Randy's Southside Diner
Do you still need a little more convincing? That's fair, after all, this is your Saturday family time we're talking about. I've been involved with this event since its second year, and I can offer five rock solid reasons why you dare not miss this event.
- It's free... .and there isn't much of that going around
- This is a FAMILY event, with something for everyone
- Live music with Western Colorado's very own Desert Flyer Band
- The bikes are absolutely magnificent.... there's a good chance you'll see the bike of your dreams
- This is a LOCAL event showcasing the best Western Colorado has to offer
There's a reason why I've been involved with this event all these years; it just doesn't get any better. Palisade is just a hop, skip, and a jump down the road. The price of FREE is certainly right. More than anything, this is a chance to spend time with the family enjoying the talent and skill of your local motorcycle enthusiasts.
We'll see you June 3 for the annual Vintage Motorcycle Days. The event will get underway at 10 a.m. and run through 3 p.m. at 3rd and Main in downtown Palisade.