Five Reasons to Visit Collbran While There’s Snow on the Ground
You owe it yourself to enjoy a little getaway to one of the most peaceful places on Earth. To put the icing on the cake, literally, you should visit while there is at least a little snow on the ground. Set aside some time to make the 40-mile drive to Collbran before winter ends.
Depending on where you live, Collbran is just a hop, skip, enjoyable ride up the mountain, and jump away. The drive alone is worth it. But, upon reaching Collbran, you’re in for a real treat.
The town offers excellent small businesses, scenic beauty, and a short, but absolutely top notch trail following Plateau Creek. Add a little snow to the mix, and you have paradise.
The video above was shot on Sunday morning, February 12, 2017. Roads were wet but easy to drive. The temperature outside was perfect. A light jacket was all that was needed.
Here are five reasons why you should pay a visit to Collbran before winter ends:
- The drive is incredibly relaxing
- The walk along Plateau Creek, especially with a light dusting of snow, is hard to beat.
- It’s a chance to enjoy the mountains during an amazing time of year
- It’s a chance to enjoy the season without having to go to extremes
- Nothing beats a relaxing winter walk along the creek during cooler temperatures, followed by a top-notch cup of coffee at a small town coffee shop.
The drive from Grand Junction to Collbran comes in at roughly 50 minutes. There are a number of people who make this drive every day making the commute to work. With that in mind, making the drive for a short getaway is no big deal.
Enjoy the drive. Be sure to stop by the local businesses and enjoy a meal and/or a cup of coffee. There and back, you could do everything you want in under five hours. A visit to Collbran is always awesome, but make a point to head that way before the snow fades away.