Western Colorado Residents Should Check Cat Food for Recall
Check your cat food! A major pet food company issued a recall of several brands of cat food due to health concerns.
J.M. Smucker's Company issued the recall for various popular brands of their product. Several of their cat food products contain low levels of Thiamine. Now for the good news: a Thiamine deficiency does not mean your cat will suddenly drop dead. Thiamine is essential for cats, and over a period of a week or more, a diet low in Thiamine can be detrimental to your cat's health.
The products affected include the following "9 Lives" varieties:
- Meaty Pate Chicken and Tuna
- Meaty Pate Seafood Platter
- Meaty Pate with Chicken and Seafood
- Meaty Pate with Chicken Dinner
- Meaty Pate with Liver and Chicken
- Meaty Pate with Ocean Whitefish
- Seafood Poultry Variety Pack
- Meaty Pate with Chicken and Tuna
Lot numbers affected include:
Please take a moment to check your cat food. The lots affected are fairly limited so you should be able to quickly determine if your cat food falls within the scope of the recall.