Battling Alzheimer’s Disease: Five Shocking Facts
It is no secret that Alzheimer's Disease is horrible, but here are five shocking facts you didn't know about Alzheimer's Disease.
- Alzheimer's is the only cause of death in the top 10 that can not be cured or slowed.
- Almost two-thirds of American with Alzheimer's are women
- Alzheimer's Disease is the 6th leading cause of death in America
- More than five million Americans are living with Alzheimer's Disease
- In the United States, someone develops Alzheimer's Disease every 67 seconds
In addition to all of the people that suffer from Alzheimer's, there are more than 15 million caregivers who are faced with taking care of loved ones with Alzheimer's and other dementias.The Alzheimer's Association provides incredible support to these caregivers and the individuals they care for.
Clearly, Alzheimer's Disease is a huge issue in Colorado and across the nation.
KOOL 107.9 is again this year sponsoring the Walk to End Alzheimer's on September 10th at Long Family Memorial Park, and we would love to have listeners join out team and help us reach a goal of raising $2000 for the cause.
Maybe your life has been touched in some way by Alzheimer's Disease, or maybe you just want to join the fight - either way, just sign up today to be on the KOOL 107.9 team, help us raise some funds, and come walk with us on September 10th.