13 Things You Should Never Say to Someone From Western Colorado
Some things are just better left unsaid. We asked you on our Facebook and the response was crazy. According to you, these are thirteen things you should never, ever say to someone from Western Colorado.
If you dare to say these to a Western Coloradan, I'm not sure what the reaction will be but it's probably not going to be good.
"Well, it's what we do in Boulder."
- Well, then you should go back to Boulder.
"Want to hear the most annoying sound in the world? I moved here from California."
- You don't know how to drive and you should just go home, can we return you?
"So you must smoke a lot of pot?"
- No, not everyone is high in Colorado.
"There's nothing to do."
- B.S. Get off your couch.
"It's practically Utah."
- NO. No, we are definitely not.
"I'll be in Denver, want to grab a quick lunch while I"m there?"
- Haha no. It's like 4-9 hour drive depending on the weather.
"I love Georgia Peaches."
- Georgia Peaches ain't got nothin' on Palisade Peaches. Palisade Peaches = life changing.
- That's one too many a's in Colorado. It's Colora-doe, not Colora-dah -- duh!
"Anything negative about the oil field."
- That's part of our livelihood here in Western Colorado, so I wouldn't go there unless you want to see a blowout.
"Let's go to the 'Hour-rey' Hot Springs."
- Yes, we know it's a weird word. But it's pronounced You-ray
"Are you liberal?"
- So many conservatives.
"Where are the pot shops?"
- Well, Grand Junction actually doesn't have any because we like missing out on making money.
"Texas is the best."
- You're just as bad as California, just go home.