10 Notable Quotes About School That May or May Not Be Worth Remembering
Seems like we all have particular memories and thoughts about school,and so I thought it would be interesting to share some quotes about school from some famous people.
Memories and thoughts about school are as varied as the students that clamor from classroom to classroom. And, thank God for the teachers who pour a wealth of knowledge and hopefully wisdom into the brains of our young people, who may not fully appreciate that right at the moment.
To celebrate our many outstanding schools in the Grand Valley, I searched Brainy Quote for some interesting, poignant, and sometimes humorous quotes from some famous people. Of course, I'm not famous, but I had to throw my own quote in at the end for good measure.
- Education is what remains when one has forgotten what one learned in school. - Albert Einstein
- In school you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson. - Tom Bodett
- I hated school. Even to this day, when I see a school bus it's just depressing to me. The poor little kids. -Dolly Parton
- The only jobs kids have are to do well in school, to be charming and polite, and be thankful. That's it. I'll house you, protect you, I'll even give my life for you, and in return, you will behave.- Gene Simmons
- For me, the dumbest rule is that you can't chew gum in school.- Brie Larson
- This is my saddest story: In grade school, they would have us open our Valentine's cards and read them out loud. I always sent cards to myself because nobody else did.- William Shatner
- Even in high school, I'd tell my mom I was sick of swimming and wanted to try to play golf. She wasn't too happy. She'd say, 'Think about this.' And I'd always end up getting back in the pool.- Michael Phelps
- The two most joyous times of the year are Christmas morning and the end of school.- Alice Cooper
- Since belief determines behavior, doesn't it make sense that we should be teaching ethical, moral values in every home and in every school in America? - Zig Ziglar
- The two happiest days of the school year are the first day - and the last day. - Zane Mathews